I am joining Andrea today to bring you my Momfessional Moments. Everyday I wake up and attempt to be the best mom I can be. There are evenings after the kids go to bed that I think back and wish I could change the way I handled some of the situations from the day. I also am someone who is honest and transparent as I go about our daily life...I mean we are all in this boat together!!?!? I can't be the only Mama living on prayer and Diet Coke.
So with that I had a hard time coming up with these moments today:
* Sloane is usually dressed for the day before 7:30am even if we have no where to go. I am pretty sure I created this though...When she was a baby I would get her dressed when changing her morning diaper. It seems like a waste of time to put her pj's back on so...each morning when she gets up and goes to the bathroom she returns asking for the clothes for the day. Which leads me to the next one...
* I physically dress my kids. They can both dress themselves but it takes FORRREVVERRR....I know I should be a little more relaxed about this but that's for another day-maybe when they are older. LOL!
* I also pick their clothes out. There are many other ways my children have learned to "express themselves." Clothes aren't one they get to choose...I usually give 2 choices but I am the one who has the ultimate say. Just being honest ;)
* I drink more Diet Coke than I do water. Well, this isn't actually true anymore but it used to be. At the beginning of last summer I cut back A LOT! I still drink more than I should but it's my guilty pleasure. And since we are being totally honest my craving isn't gone unless it's a diet coke from McDonalds. ;/ Keepin' it real folks!
* I wish the little's school had a drop off line for preschool. Gosh, I feel terrible even typing that out. I do enjoy walking them to their door and kissing them goodbye but goodness...there are some days it would be super nice to be in my comfy pants with a hat, and maybe even my house slippers!
* I begin washing clothes/towels faster than you can take them off. This is a subject that is discussed
* When I taught school I "got ready" the night before. Before kids, when I taught school I used to get ready for the day after my shower in the evening. Like put make up on and straighten my hair before bed. Obviously this was before I cared about my skin much less washed it every night...goodness, what has turning 30 done to me!?!?!
* I put our alarm clock "away" every morning. I don't like the way it looks on our nightstand. It's in the line of sight when looking into our room. When I finish making the bed I move the alarm clock behind all the pillows so it's out of sight. *Fun fact: when we were first married I used to have Mark put the coffee pot back in the box every morning after he was finished. ;/ I know, terrible right?!!? Now 8 years later the ONLY thing that stays on our kitchen counter is the coffee pot.
Well, there you have it. My Momfessional Moments...brought to you on this SUPER cold Tuesday!!