1. Christmas Cards- I love giving and receiving Christmas cards! Ever since we got married it is something I really look forward to each year. I write a letter about our family and stick that in as well. I mean the whole point is to mail a Christmas card to ones you love and the ones you don't see often too! It's fun for family and friends to get to read a little about us. ;) On the receiving end: I have been binding the cards we get long before pinterest told me too! LOL! They kids love to go through them, I admit-I do too! It's fun to watch families grow and change through the years.
2. Wild Lights- This is a fun evening with Mark's family. Mark and I started going to this by ourselves 10 years ago. I recently posted about this event at the STL Zoo. The Wild Lights display is where Mark proposed so it's special to us. The whole family joins the fun now!
3. Christmas Eve candlelight service- This favorite makes me tear up just thinking about it. Growing up we attended this service with my mom's side of the family. It was a part of the Christmas on that side of the family. It speaks volumes to be sitting/standing with not just your immediate family but with your aunts, grandparents, uncles, and cousins remembering the real reason for the season. LOVE! We switch each year so we only get to attend my "home church" service every other year but our church in STL has a service we attend when we are here.
4. Schumey Christmas- Oh how I love this!!! When Kelley and Tyler moved to STL we wanted to start a special tradition in place of exchanging gifts. We have set aside a evening during each Christmas season to be together. We eat good food and do something fun! I can't wait to take the kids this year...it's going to be a fun surprise. I will leave you in suspense as well! ;)
5. Picking out a Christmas tree...this is a newish tradition for our family but one I have already grown to love so much. The kids have so much fun and take pride in the tree. It's so cute!
-Happy Friday funday!!!