These pictures don't do the stomach justice....LOL
How far along? 27 weeks How big are the babies? Eggplants! Best moment this week: Dr. appt went GREAT, appointments every 2 weeks now! Symptoms: I believe one of the twins has found comfort in my sciatic nerve Movement:Very frequent, lots of big rolls Food cravings: still milk but EVERY morning I have been eating granola cereal w/blueberries Genders: Identical Boys Milestones: 3rd Trimester!!
Development: Babies' lungs are going through some major developments these days, which (combined with the opening of previously plugged nostrils) means they're now able to practice inhaling and exhaling. The lack of air in your womb means every "breath" is filled with amniotic fluid, but hey -- it's progress.
Headlines from the week: March Madness Tourney Still Healthcare :( Blah....
Today we had a Dr. appointment! Everything looked GREAT! We were able to hear 2 separate heartbeats, my stomach measured at 38 cm...wow, wow, wow! We are on every 2 week appointments now. We will get an ultrasound and every one. We are going to be so spoiled when there is only 1` baby. :) The Dr. said by the next appointment we would decide if I was going to be able to have a v-birth or a c-section. Honestly at this point I am just going to do what the Dr. thinks is best. I am not going to try to be a "hero" and take a chance of putting the babies (or me) in high risk. I just want 2 healthy babies to come home with me. (Is that too much to ask...Ha!) God has a plan and I can only do what I am told, he is in control. Last week I had my blood work and glucose test. Everything was just fine with the results...my blood work showed that I am still anemic, which I already knew, but the numbers weren't to concerning. I don't want to wish my life away or this pregnancy over but I can't wait to see them in 2 weeks. It's always so fun to watch them playing around. Dr. said next time will probably be the last fun ultrasound because after this they will be getting pretty big to see and get good pics. Oh well, as long as everything stays GREAT, I don't care! We have another shower this weekend! The theme is Dr. Seuss "Thing 1, Thing 2" The invitations were SO cute! Happy Monday!
Saturday was a bust day for us! Mark had to do some volunteer hours at Logan. He was a part of the "Hare in the Air" celebration. It was an Easter egg hunt open to the community that his school hosts. It was so fun, and REALLY cold! Our niece and nephew came to hunt eggs, the Cardinal Fredbird was there, balloon art, pictures with the Easter bunny, a firetruck, and my personal favorite...a PETTING ZOO! It had all baby animals, it was too cute! There was little mini goats, camel, sheep, cow, deer, and many more. (You can rent this petting zoo...I am so glad I am having children soon because I now have an excuse to rent the zoo, otherwise I was going to celebrate the "Happy 25 B-day with a petting zoo!" LOL, not kidding. We will for sure be taking the boys to the "Hare in the Air" next year. Oh, it's called that because the Easter bunny arrives on the helicopter...so fun! Now presenting: Sunday's Getting to know YOU!
1 - Why did you start blogging? I started reading a few of my friends blogs and began to take interest. I was just a "follower" for a while without a blog of my own. I just decided one day to give it a try....here I am!
2 - Who's the one blog friend that you would want to meet most in "real life"? I mentioned in #1 about a few friends I started reading from the beginning....there is a woman who I haven't met in "real life" but would love to. I feel like I know her already...ha! Her name is Kelly from Kelly's Korner...go check her out!
3 - Why are you always concerned with losing that "extra 10 pounds" when chances are your husband/boyfriend/friends tell you that you look just fine the way you are? I am pregnant (with twins). I haven't ever had to "lose that 10 pounds." I am concerned that I won't be able to get back to my old self after having the babies. :(
4 - What's the one thing you wish guys could understand about you? I guess if would be nice if guys/everyone would understand it's just my personality to want things clean, neat, and finished...not halfway done...pretty quickly after a job has been started. I can't help it, I don't like half completed jobs. My dad always said "Don't put off until tomorrow what you can get done today." LOVE IT!!!!
5 - Tattoos. How many do you have and how many are visible when you wear your "everyday" clothes? I have 2 tattoos. Crazy, I know!?!? I don't really consider myself the tattoo kind. LOL, if there is a kind. Ha. Both of my tattoos were done in Hawaii, different trips...don't worry I didn't get 2 in one vacation. I have a sea turtle on my hip and Mark and I both have our wedding bands tattooed on. You can not see either of mine. Clothes cover the turtle and my wedding ring covers the turtle. (Background: Mark is a BIG time golfer (throughout college...etc.) and can't play golf with a ring on his left hand so getting his ring tattooed was always something he wanted to do. We went to Hawaii on our honeymoon and I decided while we were there I would get mine done too! He was so surprised! It's a great conversation starter and very unique...after all a marriage is FOREVER!)
6 - What was the best year of your life and why? 2008 Mark and I got married and both graduated undergrad. So far I would have to call that the best year but.....in 2010 we will be having twins so....it might surpass the wedding and college graduation. :)
7 - Name three things you would do if you were a man for one day. Wow, what a question! I don't know....there are the obvious ones like, pee standing up...that would be interesting. Let's see, shave my face!?!? That would feel weird I think. I can't think if a third...
8 - What's your alcoholic drink of choice that usually raises a few eyebrows? I don't really order crazy drinks in fear I won't like it and it would be $ down the drain. :( I don't really find myself drinking that often (especially right now...lol) but when I do I choose wine. Nothing fancy...
I was raised Southern Baptist but the majority of my hometown is Catholic. All throughout high school we always went to Friday night fish frys! Great times...so currently we have my best friend from high school living with us and another friend came to visit, what better way to celebrate! FISH FRY! This was NOT like the fish fry's in small town Jackson....
First you order/check what you want... Here is the pregnant lady's plate... These are my dear friends...Kat, Me, and Mal (who is living with us) Kat bought the boy's bibs...waterproof and w/food catchers :)
So I have so many things to blog about on Fridays...it's so fun! First I have had some time to look find some new blogs to follow, in addition to the ones I already follow. :) They all are just so cute. One of the new ones has a Friday giveaway and you can check it out here. She also has a cute website where she creates card, invitations, and much more! You can check out her work here.
Show Us Your Life-Cleaning Tips, sponsored by: Kelly's Korner I would consider myself a person who loves things to be neat and clean. We have 2 100lb. dogs with black hair. Ah, it gets on my nerves just talking about it. (I love them so much though) We also live on an older home that creates lots of dust. I have had the air ducts cleaned and change our filters even more than we are supposed to, with that said we have lots of dust. I am pretty sure I dust our entertainment center and our dressers EVERYDAY! I recently created my 101 in 1001 list(I will post about it soon) and I have a goal about cleaning on there. I want to create and display a weekly cleaning schedule. I am about to have twins and I think it would be beneficial if I TRIED to complete a task everyday instead of devoting an entire day to cleaning. This is going to be really hard for me though because this means my ENTIRE house won't be clean at the same time. :( A few things I already to now..."Emily's Cleaning Tips"
I have to make a quick note: I LOVE SEVENTH GENERATION products. They are part of the "Kid-Safe Chemical Act," which means a lot for me for where I am in my life.
1. When I use something I put it away as soon as I am finished...where it goes. For example: when cooking I clean as I go, when the dryer stops I fold and put the clothes away quickly (I don't let them pile up), when we are finished with dinner we clean up and load the dishwasher 2. I try to make our bed every day. This is a habit but it feels so nice when I walk by our bedroom and see the bed made. 3. I keep cleaning towels underneath the bathroom since. When I finish getting ready each morning I do a quick wipe down. Check out Kelly's Korner for some more cleaning tips. :) I can't wait until I have time to sit and read everyone's ideas.
It's that time again...
1. Did you pass your driver's test on the first try?
Yes! I passed my drivers test written and driving the first time. Now, for my attemptS at getting my motorcycle license...not so much.
2. What is your most embarrassing moment? I really hate this question. It's that common "get to know you" question. Why? Oh well, I am passing on a question below so I have to answer this one I guess. I laugh about this now but when it first happened...yikes! This was a recent incident, like while I have been pregnant. I had to go for normal blood work and the hospital/insurance sends that out so I had to make an appt. at a Quest. I had really bad headaches/migraines in the beginning of pregnancy so...Mark and I went to lunch and during lunch I felt a migraine coming on. I took the medicine the Dr. had given to me and finished eating. After lunch we drove to my appt. and checked in. All pregnant ladies know you have to pee in a cup EVERY time you go anywhere so I had to use the restroom but they weren't ready for me. While waiting I felt sickness coming on. Cold sweats, stomach hurting, mouth beginning to water...I knew I took the medicine before I had enough food in my stomach. Oops. I was able to tell Mark "I am going to get sick," he had trash can in my face just in time....so in the waiting room here is prego throwing up pasta and to top it all off....remember I had to use the restroom, well, I couldn't hold it while getting sick so...yup...I was that pregnant woman who threw up and peed my pants in the waiting room. WOW! It really sounds crazy, I got up and walked out. Mark took care of the rest....needless to say I made my appt. with a different location for the next day. LOL!!!!!!!
3. What TV show would you like to be on- Oprah, Biggest Loser, or What Not to Wear?
I don't feel like the "Biggest Loser" or the "What not to wear" are not my thing. I guess that leaves me with Oprah. I don't know what we would talk about, I lead a pretty normal life but out of those 3 Oprah would be my pick. :)
4. Would you ever get plastic surgery and what kind?
PASS, sorry...not sharing this answer...if I ever did get plastic surgery it would not to be "enhance" it would be to put things back how they used to be...it would be a natural look, so much so I won't be sharing. :)
5. What are your favorite jeans to wear? Right now any jeans without an elastic waist would be AMAZING. Ha! I love my jeans from the Buckle. I have had them forever and they are the ones that are broken in and so comfy. If only I could wear them now......
Earlier this week I had to have blood work and complete the Glucose screening. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Everyone has their horror stories and talked it up to be a terrible experience. Which I guess was good because then when it wasn't terrible I felt relief! The worst part was having to wait in the waiting room for an hour. I was so bored. I even brought a book to read and I still wanted to pull my hair out. Oh well, and I guess everything is ok because I have haven't heard my Dr. We have an appt. on Monday so if there is anything to big we will discuss it there. Then today....oh today....it rained, rained, and rained some more. Yuck....I know it's Spring but come on! As I was running errands I thought to myself "not to much longer will I be running errands in the ran, in and out of the car, with the boys...wow!" My days of quickly getting errands finished are almost over. Anyway, back to my story...there was some lightning while I was in Walgreen's and I left there discouraged about my pictures I wanted to pick up today. I decided to go to McDonald's to get an AMAZING sweet tea and....I pull up to hear the lady say "I am sorry but our machines are currently down. We are not taking any orders. :(" Are you kidding me??? It's a pregnant lady wanting a $1 sweet tea, I was willing to leave $2 and she could keep the change....nope! AH...I didn't get what I wanted today. I guess if this is the worst of my day it's not that bad...right?!?!?
So this is supposed to be wordless Wednesday but I feel like it's been ages since I last posted. (it hasn't and I am exaggerating..Ha!) I have these 3 pictures that you can pretend I am "wordless" about. First, look at these things...awww....so cute! A friend of mine (If you are reading, Ashley...thanks!) sent these to me a few weeks ago. They are pacifier clips....with the boys names embroidered.
Then this. man oh man look at this. We just received a big basket of goodies from one of my friends mom who couldn't make our shower a few weeks ago. These were in there...I am going to be new to "mom-hood" but I am not new to taking care of children. I have never seen this before! It's called a Clingy Cord. The child's cup goes on one end and the other end has a clip like that can attach to a car seat or highchair...or where ever you want to attach it! Fun huh?!?!?
Then from now on Wednesday's are only going to be able to be half wordless. I have been looking through a lot of blogs lately and I found this REALLY cute one. The Seattle Smith's
She has this wonderful Wednesday topic:
'I wish' .... I could afford this ______ handbag without putting a dent in my pocketbook!
How far along? 26 weeks How big are the babies? Eggplants! Best moment this week: Spending time with family and them getting to feel and WATCH kicks and movement Symptoms: lots of pressure when they move around, kinda uncomfortable...especially the one in my ribs Movement: They are moving a lot but a little less kicking and punching and more rolling. Food cravings: MILK Genders: Identical Boys Milestones: Less than 100 days to go!!
Development: Babies' are soaking up your antibodies, getting their immune systems ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and they'll soon be practicing the blink...perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.
Headlines from the week: March Madness Basketball started, Healthcare Issue passed?!?!
My mom and dad had family to their house in celebration of my brother's birthday this week. It was such a great afternoon spent with family. It seems as if Mark and I have been traveling home (to J-town) about every 2 weeks...I love it! We will be heading back in about 2 weeks for Easter. I plan to make trips as long as the Dr. gives me the "go ahead." (My brother's high school graduation is the 3rd week in May...I will be 34 weeks pregnant!?!? PRAY that it happens people!) I can't believe today is the first day of Spring...WOW! It was almost 65 degrees and sunny 2 days ago and now...it's COLD and rainy. :(
I can't believe it....I have less than 100 days left of pregnacy. (probably way less) I have been watching the countdown in the corner of my blog and I am officaily under 100 days. My mom keeps me posted and she said "I remember when if felt like it was never going to click out of the 190's!" YAHOOO~~~ Happy Weekend Everyone!
This week flew by! I can't believe it's already Friday again. I worked a lot this week, well a lot for me...and I guess that made it go by quicker! I am looking forward to tonight so much, I got off work early and Mark is home, it's B-E-A-Utiful outside. Since I got home early I was able to clean up around the house, open some windows, and start on some projects. :) Don't worry, I will upload pictures soon, it's a secret....but now it's time for:
1. Have you ever had a celeb sighting? Nope, :(
2. What temperature do you keep your house? When we moved in a little over a year neither Mark or I had ever "controlled a thermostat." I have found the settings are different depending on who pays the bill. (LOL, that's for your dad) After a few months we found a comfortable temp. Usually the temp in our house is 66-68 degrees, that's throughout the mild winter/early springtime. We have an attic fan so it will be turned off most of spring. :)
3. Do you notice dust at other peoples homes? I hate admitting it but....yes. Please don't feel like I judge you if you have dust, I ALWAYS have dust but if I am honest, I notice others dust too!
4. What's the worst job you ever had? I can't say it's the worst job I ever had but that's because it's over. While I was going to work everyday HATING life it was the worst job I ever had. My first year teaching was at a Charter school in the inner city, not a good area. I grew up in small town USA, and LOVED it!! (still do!) It was a culture shock for me to move to St. Louis much less teach in the downtown area. I made a few friends throughout training and thought everything was great! By the 8th day one of them had quit and by Christmas break the other was gone. I made it to the end of the year...thanks to lots of prayers, my mom, husband, and God! I look back and I learned so much that first year of teaching. I experienced things some teachers will NEVER experience. Now that it's over I know God had a plan!
5. What is your most sentimental possession? Yikes, this is hard! I have 2...sorry, couldn't decide. #1. My scrapbooks: You'll are going to think I am such a nerd but too bad. I started scrap-booking in 7th grade. :) I have scrap-booked each year Mark and I have been together. My pictures are something I keep VERY organized and up-to date. (Some of you may be laughing at me saying "Good luck with that," as I am expecting twins but I already have a plan) Last year I started scrap-booking the Creative Memories pic-folio albums and LOVE them! I have also started the Kodak albums you create through their website and then can order multiple copies! I plan to use both of those types with the boys. I have already started this years book...and am UP-TO DATE all you people who were laughing. :) I have the past years book sitting in our living room for people to look at but for the most part I have all the others in a safe place. If I could afford a fire-proof bookcase I would buy one! (if they even make them) I have all the books stored together in case I ever have to grab them and run. LOL, I know, such a nerd. #2. My wedding ring (tangible and tattoo): I know this may sound materialistic but I love it! As much as I like change this is one thing I love and have NOT even thought about changing it! On our honeymoon Mark and I had our wedding bands tattooed so underneath my ring is a PERMANENT ring. To us a marriage is forever, I can never "go with my ring" or even "forget my ring" and I love it!
I love March Madness! I really do. I don't really follow college basketball really close but when it comes time for the tourney...watch out! We filled out brackets at our house, bets have been placed, games are set to be DVR'ed, bring on the coach and T.V. Dinners!!! :)
Now onto baby things....(this post wouldn't be complete without me talking about babies)
A few weeks ago I met Mark for lunch with some of his study buddies. They weren't able to make it to the shower last weekend so we went to lunch and Mark and I opened some gifts. :) Love it.....
Eating Lunch at CA Pizza Kitchen...one of our favorite places They bought the boys Baby Einstein entertainer and books and DVDs :)
Mark put it all together and Ely just watched...he knows something is happening...
Logan on the other hand, if he knows something is going on...he doesn't care one bit
Today is my brother's 18 b-day!! AH! I can't believe it! I remember thinking it was crazy he could drive and now he is 18. I don't want him to grow up, LOL, if I this was with my brother I hate to think how I will be with my own children. Yikes! We are going to my parent's this weekend for a get together with family celebration for his birthday. So excited.......Happy Birthday Brother, I love and miss you!!!!
This post is a follow up to a fellow bloggers post. :) Thanks Ash, you gave me something to write about on Monday! Ha!
7 wonders about me...
1. When I am asked to describe myself one word I always use is organized. I like my house, car, everything that surrounds me to be organized. LOL Someone asked me once how do you keep everything so clean? My response...just put things back where they belong when you are finished. When you are finished with a dish, put it in the DISHwasher. If you get up for the day, MAKE your bed. These small chores take seconds when you only have to do them one at a time, when you have to do them all at the same time...it takes time. I HATE cleaning before I am even able to get out the Clorox. Some of you may be laughing because here I am pregnant with twin boys...the life of a clean home may be soon coming to an end! NO, NO, NO! Quick Story: I taught first grade in a low-income, minority, poverty area...first graders that lived in BAD stuff. I don't want to write about it because I HATE even thinking about it. I can only imagine how they cleaned up at home but at school...WOW! They knew what was expected and they kept things clean and organized. The even got mad at a sub one day because she left scissors on her desk without putting them away back where they belong. By the end of the year they began to take pride in "their classroom." When we combined with other classes to watch movies or complete activities they only want friends to come to our room because they didn't like to go to other "messy rooms." LOL Anyway, my house may have messy days but HOPEFULLY I can teach the boys to pick things up, keep their belongings organized, and this will only happen WE (Mark and I) require it from the beginning. Also being an EXAMPLE is a HUGE part of this I believe. :) (Mom, don't write all this down...LOL)
2. I am a list/schedule person. This is part of the organized part of my but I love making lists. If I do something that wasn't on my list...I add it...so I can cross it off. WOW, I know! I have daily lists, weekly lists, long term lists...lists, lists, lists! I love them! I was going to make the schedule past another number but that didn't seem fair, #1 organized-#2 lists-#3 schedule, no...so I am adding it to #2. I have to have a schedule. This is so extreme for me I would actually call it a weakness. Another reason I believe with ALL my heart God gave me twins, to learn this lesson the hard way. The majority of the time my lists have times included, such a nerd, I know. The year I planned my wedding if you said a date I could give you the day of the week it was. I had my calendar memorized!
3. I love to teach. I have a passion for teaching!!! I love it! I am not currently teaching but I know I am following God's will for my life right now so I am o.k. with it. It's been tough but he is in control. (Believe me, it's better that way) I always wanted to be a SAHM but it really wasn't part of Mark and I's plan for it to happen while he was in school and BEFORE I became a mom. :) Oops.
4. I don't watch much T.V. Mark and I have a few shows we DVR but that's about it. I don't EVER find myself turning on the television and sitting down to watch. I am just not that kind of person. I have been at home a lot by myself lately and I find myself turning on music (Praise Baby...LOL) instead of the T.V. for background noise.
5. I love to change things around our home. I like to love furniture, paint, and switch the decor in rooms. Recently my mother-in-law and I have switched furniture for fun! This is WAY easier when I wasn't pregnant because I feel like I can lift/move ANYTHING I want. Where there is a will there is a way...right!?!? But not when I am pregnant, it's just not worth it to me. I have been doing smaller things. Just switching small items make the room feel new! (plus you can DEEP clean while your at it)
6. I love my family and friends! I love 2 hours from my family...most ALL my family lives in the same town and I live 2 hours away. This is hard sometimes but we always make it work. My mom is so good about trying to plan things around our travel to we don't make tons of trips. Also so when we come we aren't going, going, going! It makes for a nice visit. 2 hours is WAY better than some, it can be done in a day so I can't really complain. :) I love my friends too! I am a person who finds comfort in smaller crowds but I do love spending time with friends.
7. I made this my last one because I don't want anyone to think I am a person concerned about what others think or obsessed with my weight. So, with that said, I am nervous about after giving birth what it may take for my body to be normal again. Some respond to this with "your body will NEVER be the same after pregnancy." That comment DOES NOT help a 24 year old woman pregnant with twins. :( I have not ever really been a person who has had to watch what I eat, "What if that changes?" I don't know if I have will power or the discipline it may take. I have already been in prayer about this subject, it may sound ridiculous to some but it is a genuine concern of mine.
Today I had my second baby shower. My sister-in-laws, Shelly and Kirsten, and my sister Erin threw this shower. Girlfriends were invited...it's easier to just keep a few small showers than 1 big one. (at least for me) It was at a restaurant with a light lunch, with cupcakes for dessert. :) I have a few more pictures from this one than the one I had last week. It's so fun getting so many baby goodies....opening all the fun things really makes me want them here. (not really mom, I know they are safe inside) :) I have great posts lined up for this coming week...be prepared...also I didn't get around a 24 week post so hold on to your hats folks....25 week post tomorrow....the BELLY is getting bigger!!!
My sister-Erin, Me, Sister-in-law-Shelly, Sister-in-law-Kirsten
My mom, sister, me, Shelly, Kirsten, Denise (mother-in-law)
Mom, Me (my face looks huge...yikes), sister
I don't know why my mouth is funny here....this is just a sneak preview, the patten on the dress hides the belly pretty good.
I am obsessed with Easter sweetarts right now...craving!?!? I wouldn't call it that...LOL
This picture....another weird face picture
These babies are SO cute...the one on the left was born Dec. 16th and the little girl on the right was born Nov. 16th....they are just too cute....:)
1. How much time do you spend on the computer a day?
There are days that go by that I don't get on the computer but I do still check my e-mail from my iPhone. On average I would say about an 1 to an 1 1/2 a day, total. I find myself getting on the laptop about 30 mins. at a time.
2. Will you pay for your children's college or raise them to pay for their own way? My parent's and Mark's parents both paid for our undergrad degrees. We plan to do the same for our children.
3. Have you ever been in a car accident? Yes, more than one. I will not go into detail.
4. What is your favorite book?
Hmm...this is tough. I love books, especially children's books. "Good Night, Good Night," is one of my favorite. I also love the adult series "Something Borrowed, Something Blue."
5. Do you make your bed everyday? 99.9% of the time (thanks mom and dad), if I don't Mark does. :) Growing up if we didn't have our beds made before dad got home from work we had to make everyone's bed in the house BEFORE school the next morning!!!!! (I plan to use the same rule in our house)
Happy Friday everyone. It's been a long week for me. I plan to get a mani today with my sister-in-law!!! YAHOOO!!!!! (maybe I will have some pictures to post this afternoon) Friday's Mark gets off at 2 instead of 4 so our weekend together starts early! (so exciting, I feel like I haven't seen him all week) Enjoy your weekend....it's supposed to be a rainy one here. :(