Thanks to Eesie we were able to continue the tradition and dye Easter eggs. I didn't do well making time for that fun craft and I was bummed for sure! I enjoy it even though it's fun for about 20 mins. then not fun at all. Ha ha!
The Easter bunny wasn't thinking when he brought...
chalk paint. Ya, as soon as it was opened they wanted to play. Well, that wasn't happening in white Easter clothes. I told them 1st thing in the am. Ha! Wyatt woke and the FIRST words from his mouth were asking if they could go outside and paint....at 6:30am.
It was a HUGE mess and I am not sure yet if it actually is going to wash out of clothes as they are spinning now in the wash. ;/ On a positive note...they LOVED IT! They loved it so much I am pretty sure
We are enjoying this sunshine SO much and I can't wait for the summer months to come! Bring on the pool!!!
A few weeks ago we had the chance (thanks to my FIL) to go the Cards. vs. Cubs game with the BFF's. We had a blast even though it was a LONG game! It was a perfect evening for baseball! ;)
So thankful to have friends to "do life" with...Yahoo for Cardinals Baseball!!!!
Last week we had a few rainy days and a few chilly days as well. We are really wanting Spring and are ready for Easter too so I have been ALL about the Easter fun stuff! ;) I had been gathering some fun Easter candy and such to make shish kabob's.
Then there is Sis...who just wanted to eat all the marshmellows...she wasn't really liking the idea of putting them on a stick. LOL!
It was a great rainy day activity and for the most part the kids had fun! We have been super busy around here lately but having fun! ;)
Earlier this week the kids and I loaded up and headed to Jackson for a quick 24 hour trip! We had a blast but we missed Daddy for sure! Wyatt and Sloane LOVE being with their cousin Zetta and now baby Nora too! I can't forget how much fun they have at their Eesie and Poppie's house as well! ;)
We had talked about getting to hold baby Nora ALL BY THEMSELVES and they couldn’t wait! Wyatt got his turn first. She continued to sleep the entire time he held her. So cute! He held her hand the entire time! ;)
Then right before dinner we headed for ice cream. (that's what happens when you are at your g-parent's right?!?! Ha!) We made the mistake a few weeks ago letting the girls switch seats (Z and Sis have the same car seat) for a short ride, now they want to "switch" every time we go some where together. I don't mind it one bit...special time with my niece is priceless! Look at those baby blues...;)
After work Uncle Billy came over for dinner. Wyatt loves his Uncle Billy SO MUCH!!! Wyatt actually posed himself for this picture...which if you know Wyatt that's saying A LOT! LOL!
I also made "Spring Cake #2" for my sister. She didn't want Peeps and wanted jellybeans instead of M&M's so there you have it!! ;)
Then as I pulled in the driveway at home I knew Sis just wasn't feeling herself...checking her temp to find out she had a 102.5. ;( We unloaded the car and sat on the couch for the evening. We have been pushing the fluids and keeping the fever down with meds. Hopefully it will be a quick little bug...or back to the Dr. we go! ;(
Another month flew by but thankfully we got to fly into Spring this time! ;) I love this time of year and can't wait to being enjoying time outside with the kids. Erika and I completely forgot to post our bucket list yesterday so here we are today...April 1st.
1. Get the basement crack fixed...we have been dealing with basement issues since Halloween night and I am SO OVER it! I want that space back really bad! There have been other expenses on the list but finally April is the month for the basement so praying I can come back May 1st and say the crack is fixed because then the carpet issues will begin....;/
2. Take the kids to the zoo! It's been so long since we have been to the zoo. I am ready to a nice WEEKday to take the kids. The weekends are so crowded so I have to plan carefully. ;)
3. Finish our vacation scrapbook. I am completely caught up with the family books and even caught up with purchasing them. (It's tough since my OCD causes me to purchase one for each child to have, it gets $$ and I have to space it out!) There is a vacation from 2013 I haven't finished yet so I hope to complete it. I don't plan to print in April but finish it for sure!
4. Begin planning fun "summer" things for the kids. I do want there to be LOTS of play but the teacher in me wants to continue some sort of structure as far as educational stuff goes with Wyatt. I will add things for Sis as well so she is included too. I am in the process of this now and plan to do a separate post soon.
5. Plan a date night in the new Ball Park Village down town. Mark and I love the Cardinals. We enjoy going to games together and can't wait to try it all out! ;)
What's on your April bucket list?
It doesn't look just like the picture as I didn't add "grass" but added my cookies instead. ;) It was a HUGE hit and the kids LOVED it so much! They really thought all the colors were fun. It's super easy since you can buy boxed cake in different colors now. What was a little tricky was finding bunny peeps. I could find the little chicks no problem but the peeps were a bit tough....
And because the inside was super fun...I had to take a picture! I am pretty sure I will be making this again for out April playdate! ;) Yahoo for Spring!!!!